One of my favorite breakfasts I had in my recent trip to Hawaii was the Loco Moco. a combination of rice, mushroom gravy, hamburger, and eggs, What’s not to love? So of course I had to try making this myself on the #blackstonegriddle when I got home.
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter
* 1/2 medium sized sweet onion (diced)
* 3/4 cup sliced mushroom
* green onions for garnishing
* cooked rice
* 1 1/2 lb ground beef
* 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 1 1/2 cup beef stock
* 4 tsp soy sauce
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tsp ketchup
* 5 tsp cornstarch
* Mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
* Form it into patties. Patties should come out to at least one inch thick. Try to keep the patties large since it will shrink when cooked.
* Heat griddle to medium heat. Cook each side of the patties for about 3-5 minutes or until well done.
* Mix together the beef stock, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and cornstarch. Whisk it until the cornstarch has come off of the bottom.
* Using a cast iron pan, melt one tablespoon of the butter to caramelize the onions for about a minute then fry the mushrooms for another minute or two.
* Melt the rest of the butter and add in the gravy mix to the pan. Keep stirring the gravy until it begins to thicken and simmer.
* Melt some butter on the griddle and crack an egg.
* Cook a sunny side up egg. Set aside
Assemble Loco Moco:
* Scoop rice on a plate. Layer it with one hamburger patty then drizzle on the gravy. Top it with the egg and garnish with green onions.
Check out my merch, all designed and drawn by me:
Follow me on Social Media:
#blackstonegriddle #blackstoneproducts #griddlenation #griddlecrew #coast2coastgriddlers #locomoco #hawaii #hawaiian #breakfast #blackstonebreakfast